Music, food and festivities are just around the corner as Salisbury prepares for the 80th National Folk Festival.
The annual festival will return to Salisbury from Sept. 10-12. This is the third year Salisbury has held the festival.
If you plan on attending, here’s everything you need to know about this weekend’s big celebration of American culture. This information comes from the National Folk Festival website.
Where is the festival?
The festival will take place in downtown Salisbury. Its borders stretch from from Route 13 to Route 50 and from Carroll Street to the Wicomico River.
When is the festival?
The festival will run from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Friday, 12-9:30 p.m. Saturday and 12-6 p.m. Sunday.
Food vendors open for business at 5:30 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
How much does it cost?
Admission to the festival is free. Food, drinks and merchandise can be purchased throughout the weekend.
How many stages are there?
This year’s festival features four stages:
- Richard A. Henson Foundation Stage, located at North Division Street and Church Street
- Maryland Traditions Family Folklife Area & Stage, located at South Division Street and Camden Street
- Perdue Stage, located at West Market Street and Camden Street
- TidalHealth Stage, located at East Carroll Street and South Division Street
Where should I park?
Metered and permit parking lots are available downtown. Parking will be free throughout the weekend.
The following parking lots are available:
- Lot 35, Fitzwater Street and West Main Street
- Lot 7, Lemmon Hill Lane
- Lot 13, West Chestnut Street
- Lot 9, Church Street
- Lot 10, East Church Street and Poplar Hill Avenue
- Lot 5, East Main Street
- Downtown Parking Garage, East Market Street
- Lot 30, Lake Street and West Main Street
- Lot 33, West Main Street
- TidalHealth Gravel Lots, behind TidalHealth Peninsula Regional, Waverly Drive
Handicap parking spaces are available in all lots and the parking garage.
What coronavirus guidelines are in place?
Masks are required at the festival. Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the weekend.
NATIONAL FOLK FESTIVAL 2021:Who is performing and when
Additionally, the Wicomico County Department of Emergency Services will provide a vaccination tent on Saturday and Sunday at the corner of Circle Avenue and South Division Street.
Who is performing?
This year’s folk festival features many different performers. Prominent performers include The Del McCoury Band, Spencer Taylor & the Highway QC’s and The U.S. Army Blues.
What are the food and drink options?
The festival will offer many different regional and ethnic foods and drinks.
The following vendors will be at this year’s festival:
- American Fruity Smoothies
- The Chicken Smells Good
- Espresso-A-Go-Go Catering
- Four Brothers OPA!
- Four Brothers-Bacon!
- Happy Cow Ice Cream
- Kona Ice
- London Court Beverage
- MacBrand Foods, Inc.
- The Milestone Catering & Events
- Sherri’s Crab Cakes
- Smoothie Island
- Spready Oak Country Cafe
- Thai Master Grill
Additionally, downtown Salisbury eateries will be open.
Can I bring my pet?
No, pets are not permitted at the festival, with the exception of service animals.
What if it rains?
The festival will take place rain or shine.
As of Tuesday afternoon, AccuWeather predicts sunshine for the entire weekend.
Maddie Aiken is the community reporter for Delmarva Now/The Daily Times. Have a story tip or idea? Send it her way at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @madsaiken.