SALISBURY, Md.— “WE ARE ALL EQUAL HERE,” read city banners lining downtown streets.
Salisbury Pride, Salisbury PFLAG and the city have joined forces to announce a month of events for this year’s Pride Month. June is set to be packed with programming, even as the community had to once again see its first-ever Pride Parade and Festival postponed to 2022.
It all kicked off with a rainbow flag raising in front of the government office building on June 1.
With the flag now flying in the heart of downtown, residents and visitors can mark their calendars for events to come, from a Pride Happy Hour and the fifth anniversary of Pulse Remembrance, to Pride at 3rd Friday, a drag show at The Warehouse and much more.
Here’s a list of the events to watch:
- Community Project Ribbons of Pride — June 5, noon to 2 p.m.
115 South Division St., outside Delmarva Now
- Pride Happy Hour — June 9, 4 to 7 p.m.
The Brick Room, 116 North Division St
- Fifth Anniversary of Pulse Remembrance — June 12, 8-9 p.m.
The Riverwalk Amphitheater, 210 South Salisbury Blvd
- PFLAG Community Meeting — June 14, 6:30-8 p.m.
The Ward Museum, 909 South Schumaker Dr
- PFLAG and Pride at 3rd Friday — June 18, 5-8 p.m.
Downtown Salisbury, Main Street
- Salisbury PFLAG Presents Panel Discussion: The Black LGBTQ+ Experience
June 20, 2-3 p.m. via Zoom
- Drag Show at The Warehouse — June 25, 9 p.m. to midnight
The Warehouse, 1147 South Salisbury Blvd
- Rainbow Crosswalk Repainting — June 26, 9 a.m. to noon
Crosswalk between South Division and Market Street, in front of the Downtown Wicomico Public Library.